Best shows to convert someone into a brony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Applejack
Unicorn
Unicorn
Applejack

Best shows to convert someone into a brony Empty
PostSubject: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 pm

So a few days ago my brother found out I liked MLP:FiM... not sure how he didn't notice sooner Muffins!?! I mean he's come over to my house and looked at my computer screen like 8 times which has had a pony background for well over 2 months and the random pony icons around my desktop. Not to mention he plays on our( Rainbow Dash's) minecraft server where everyone but him that I know of is a brony we've often used the terms "everypony" "Brohoof" and other pony puns including calling the town names "Stalliongrad" and "Fillydalphia". But any who a few weird looks later I said he had to watch at least 2 episodes before he can say anything. So we got one shot at this I need the best 2 episodes to convert someone.

WE WILL ASSIMILATE THEM ALL INTO THE HERD! SO awesome!

P.S. went to the Michigan renaissance festival today was awesome hoping to have seen some sort of bronies there but sadly I didn't had a good time forcing my bro into becoming a living chess piece got some nice pics while I was there as well with him and the lady mayor and her victory in the chess game also im going back tomorrow I'll be supporting bronies don't have any brony wear sadly and my CMC patch hasn't come yet hoping to get it patched onto my camera bag Muffins!?! sorry kinda derailed my own thread BEST CONVERSION EPISODES NOW!!!1
Best shows to convert someone into a brony 13147910
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

I am not the person to ask, given my 0% success rate in converting my friends and family.
But if you still want my opinion, I would say Bridle Gossip and Party of One.

You might also want to see this.
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:29 am

A Survey on EqD said Party of One by a large margin.
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:33 am

Yeah, the first two episodes work pretty well. Besides those, I think that maybe Party of One (though i'm not a Pinkie Pie fan it seems to be a HUGE favorite) or maybe Sonic Rainboom.

~D
Back to top Go down
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Tough one. I think you need to take a bit of the person's likes/dislikes and personality into account. If the person was willing to watch 3 episodes, I'd say the first two and then a third one, as the Elements of Harmony episodes do give a good background to all of the characters, making later scenarios involving them make more of an impact. That being said, they aren't the single best episodes that showcase all the goodness that is pony either.

However, with only two, let me see. My recommendations:

The episodes that converted 2 of my friends:
- Dragonshy: If the person likes adventurey, dragony stuff. Some funny scenes. Also has a nice Charlie's Angel's parody in there.
- Swarm of the Century: A variety of funny scenes. Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

Other good ones:
- Bridle Gossip: MAYBE. The obvious "Don't judge a book by it's cover" message might be a turn-off, but the poison joke makes for some hilarious moments. This might be better with more of a background on the ponies, however, since knowing their personalities might make the poison joke pranks funnier.
- Winter Wrap Up: If the person in question is a fan of songs, since the song in this episode is reason enough to watch it. If they aren't, then I'd probably avoid it for now.
- The first two (Friendship is Magic): Even though I said above that they aren't the best, they are still pretty good. It has elements of adventure, an evil villain, and introduces all of the ponies. Ideally, it'd be better to start with these and then show a really great episode to bring it home, but even without a third, they aren't too bad. They are the ones I started with and they managed to hook me just fine Yay~!

Possibles:

- Sonic Rainboom: This might just be my bias talking, but this is a pretty awesome episode SO awesome! . The only danger is that it perhaps is too centered on Rainbow Dash and her dream. For me that's a good thing, but for new ponies, it might be too much of a pony they just got introduced to.
- Applebuck Season: Hehehe...sleep deprived Applejack is silly Pardon? . Funny stuff here. The danger is the same as the above episode, too much of one pony.
- Best Night Ever: Again, the song. You get to see some hilarious scenes with all of the ponies. The danger to this one is that it would probably be better to have a decent background on the mane six to get more of an impact when the night goes sour. It'd make Fluttershy's part especially a lot more humorous if you knew her character.

Avoid:
- Any CMC themed episode: Now don't get me wrong, I personally love the little tykes and find them rather adorable and funny (Obviously, considering Scoots is my avatar). That being said, a lot of people find them annoying and they can especially turn off a potential new convert. I hate to say it, but it's true.

- Suited for Success: Another one that I love, but an episode centering on making dresses carries the danger of leaving a sour taste in a non-brony's mouth. Too much of a "girly" concept to start with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Show them episode 1. If they like it, they like it and if they don't then they don't.

Not much else you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 pm

My rule of thumb is to stay away from episodes with a lot of singing and any CMC episodes. Many people get turned off by lots of singing, and the CMC are the CMC... Dragonshy, the pilot episodes, and Party of One are all good ones to start someone with though.
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best shows to convert someone into a brony   Best shows to convert someone into a brony I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best shows to convert someone into a brony

View previous topic View next topic Back to top