View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

Winter Wrap-up Singing event. Empty
PostSubject: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:35 pm

The event is finally complete. The video is being exported and uploaded as I type this. Cupcaaakes~!

Thanks to all that participated and put their voices on the line for the guild.

Rydel as Fluttershy

BlastingGravy as Twilight Sparkle

Rarity as Rarity

Rainbow Dash as Rainbow Dash

Luna as Pinkie Pie

SilverstarStreak as Applejack

And now for what we all have been waiting for!
THE SINGING!!

Event:

Last edited by Rainbow Dash on Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 pm

What are you going to use to sync it?
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Amorphic wrote:
We could use Synchtube, Twilight's stream, or good old fashioned "on the count of three!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:04 am

BlastingGravy wrote:
Amorphic wrote:
We could use Synchtube, Twilight's stream, or good old fashioned "on the count of three!"

I saw synctube go horribly wrong on the brony show a few days ago. Also the stream had roughly 8 seconds of lag between what he did and what I saw.
Back to top Go down
DeevFactor
Pony
Pony
DeevFactor

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 12:44 pm

This looks like a train wreck waiting to happen. Razz

Good luck with this, however. I don't have a microphone, so I'm lucky in a sense. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:51 pm

The stream does have some lag. I think just counting to three and hitting play on the video would be good enough, and everypony should sync up after the first few lines. Twilight would be recording this I assume, so this should be interesting. I look forward to "singing" with all you. Cupcaaakes~!
Back to top Go down
http://swtorponies.enjin.com/home
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 pm

I just got off the line with Applejack. And it seems we have another spot open anypony that's willing to take it.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:50 pm

I may regret this, but i'll do Applejack's part. I'm excited for this! BTB, is this 3pm EST? If so, that's totally sweet. I have Saturdays off, so it wouldn't be an issue. I'll just have to throw on my best Southern twang. Very Happy

And as a good friend of mine once said..."ALLONS-Y!"

~D
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 pm

After watching both videos, I think the audio is better in the first one, but the second one is nice because it lets you know who's singing what lines and I think we should use that as our guide for the breakdown. I'm sure i'm not the only one who's thought of this, of course just bringing it up again. Very Happy

~D
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 am

Doombah wrote:
I may regret this, but I'll do Applejack's part. I'm excited for this! BTB, is this 3pm EST? If so, that's totally sweet. I have Saturdays off, so it wouldn't be an issue. I'll just have to throw on my best Southern twang. Very Happy

And as a good friend of mine once said..."ALLONS-Y!"

~D

Great Doombah! Cupcaaakes~!
Thanks to you we've filled the final mane role and is much closer to actually do this. Very Happy

Now we just need a few more in the chorus part and we're perfect. ^_^

Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:42 pm

I just heard from Rarity that he won't be able to make it on Saturday after all.

So we now have one more open position which is probably the smallest one.
So come on ponies. Let's fill this last role. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:34 pm

So its happening at 1 am...

damn.
Back to top Go down
Ekeli
Colt
Colt
Ekeli

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:45 am

Well I have to work til 3 pm cst that day, and I have to do things afterwards Sad
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 am

I'm so confused on the time...is it (in Eastern Standard Time) 1am on Friday night/Saturday morning, 3pm Saturday afternoon or 1am on Saturday night/Sunday morning? I can do all but the first of those. I'm in my local cast that performs The Rocky Horror Picture Show and at 1am I should be bursting through some ice and singing Hot Patootie. Smile

~D
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:57 pm

GMT -5 east East Coast time. Here is a brief table for you.

GMT +1France
GMT -5East Coast
GMT -8Pacific
I'm pretty sure that's right anyway. Oh look! A map.
Back to top Go down
Doombah
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Doombah

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:03 am

Ok, so according to most things i've seen that means it's at 8pm Eastern Standard Time. I cannot do this time. I'll be out and about at a County Fair (a very AJ thing to do). GMT -5 is the same as saying Eastern Standard time, so from RD's post, this means it's 8pm EST.

Either that or i'm reading it completely wrong and it's 8pm GMT minus five hours which means that for the East Coast, it would be 3pm but that seems less likely. I'm going to bed now and waking up at 2pm. If it's at 3, awesome. Wake up and sing. Smile If it's at 8pm EST, then I can't do it unfortunately.

~D
Back to top Go down
Pinkie Pie
Event Mane
Event Mane
Pinkie Pie

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 am

Doombah wrote:
GMT -5 is the same as saying Eastern Standard time, so from RD's post, this means it's 8pm EST.
Precisely. The phrase "GMT -5" means "the time zone 5 hours behind GMT." Not all time zones have their own unique abbreviation like EST, so this is simply the general format for all time zones.

It's too bad that you can't make it. Are we even going to even have enough people at this point? We now need somepony to do both AJ and Rarity's solos, let alone a substantial chorus. Although, we do still have several newly active members who still haven't posted here. Step it up newfoals, your guild needs you!
Back to top Go down
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:43 am

Eh...can't believe I'm doing this since I'm shy as all heck when it comes to stuff like this, but since it appears to be an emergency, I can offer my terrible singing voice. I can do either Rarity or Applejack if Doombah can't make it (since I imagine the smaller Rarity part will be easier to fill last minute), but despite living in North Carolina, I can't do a southern accent, so if you are ok with a non-southern sounding singer I'll step up to help the guild.

I do have Axon loaded and an account made (and a mic that works), I just have to add Fluttershy and get confirmed.

Again, I make no promises that I will be any good and I think I'd offend AJ Pardon? , but I offer my services as they are in this apparent last minute pinch

I think y'all might regret this (me most of all), but I don't want to see this effort at guild unity fail.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Great, Silver. Cupcaaakes~! I think the entire guild appreciate what you are doing for it. Yay~!

Since you can do either Rarity or Applejack. I'll put you down for Applejack until you either resign or somepony else is willing to fight for it. :3
Don't worry about an southern accent. Just sing with your heart and your natural voice(no matter how bad it is(You're not alone.).)

And so we only need one more to fill the mane-singer roles. Very Happy
Come on ponies! We could also need at least a few in the chorus.
Back to top Go down
BronyQuest
Colt
Colt
BronyQuest

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Pah, I guess I'll join in, if needed. I really can't sing, but if I hear a few others who can't sing, it'll probably bolster my courage. I already know the entire song by-heart anyway, so practicing my part isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://bronyquest.deviantart.com
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Righto then. You have my voice. I shall do my bukin' (haha) best. This is my most sung song in the car/in the shower, so at least I know the lines. I promise not to be in the shower tonight when I sing though Muffins!?!
Back to top Go down
Fluttershy
Founder Mane
Founder Mane
Fluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:06 pm

That went so well. We should do it in-game.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Dash
Pegasus
Pegasus
Rainbow Dash

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah. I think we'll actually do better if everyone records on their own and send it to somepony to edit it.
Back to top Go down
SilverstarStreak
Filly
Filly
SilverstarStreak

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Not sure what to say here. First off, glad it went well...considering. Was originally going to do this in chat, but considering I'm rather upset right now, I can't bring myself to join and verbally apologize (or so the fact I've been sitting here wrestling with myself for about 20 minutes before starting to type this whether to hit the button or not). So instead let me type this here as at least some form of public apology.

I apologize. So very much. I said I'd do it and then I go and miss the time. I was actually looking forward to it too, was singing the part the better part of the day even. I am almost NEVER late (and certainly never miss things completely) and I value keeping your word, so I feel rather awful right now. You guys are right to hate me. If you want me out, I'll bow out. I understand. People who can't keep to their commitments don't have any right to complain.

If you want to know why, simply, I fell asleep sitting here waiting for 8pm. I had about 3 hours sleep over the last 2 days and I should have known sitting on my couch was a terrible idea but I guess it wasn't until I woke up at 9:30 that I realized how much of an idiot I truly was. So...pretty lame excuse, but it's the truth. I wish I could say I got mauled by bears on the way home and then had to fight off a pack of rabid parasprites who had taken my computer hostage, but that's all it was. I fell asleep. That sounds rather pathetic. But regardless of the reason, I promised to do something I couldn't make good on, and that's that, and I take something like that rather hard, personally. I hate letting people down if they are counting on me.

I can only promise not to do something like this again. If I can make it up to you all somehow, I will. I only hope it wasn't too hard to find someone to take the part last minute. At the very least, I'm sure they were better than I would have been anyway.

tldr: Sorry guys...I really am Sad

Also sorry for this reply. Just felt I needed to say something in the way of an apology. Don't want to drag down the boards with this. I'll just go and be a gigantic douche in the corner alone now.

Again, so glad it went well. Sorry I made things more difficult by not being there like I promised...
Back to top Go down
Rydel
Unicorn
Unicorn
Rydel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

To clarify: "Could have gone better" means it was horrifying, then we got distracted by talking out foreign languages
Back to top Go down
http://rydelfox.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Wrap-up Singing event.   Winter Wrap-up Singing event. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Wrap-up Singing event.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top